[openbox] Need help testing a theme.

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 09:25:42 EST 2003

Matthew,
I've been using the Preternatural openbox theme and really like it.  I
just loaded up your Gtk theme of the same name and would be glad to test
it out for you.  Here are some of my first impressions.

First off, I'm going to list all of the things that I _don't_ like
because that is more helpful when fixing.  But first let me say it looks
really slick.  I've been looking for a decent dark theme and have been
disappointed because of the challenges involved in completely  reversing
the text in all applications.  You're off to a really good start.  So
here's what I see....

- You're right, the gaim tabs don't show up, but you knew that.
- In evolution, all email addresses and links in messages show up in
blue.  Blue on gray is next to impossible to read.  If the url color is
not part of the theme, where can I set it?
-In Firebird (the browser) The address bar text is black on dark gray.
I'm pretty sure that I know how to set the text color for the address
bar in Firebird, but it involves editing the userChrome.css file.  That
is fine for me, but if you want the theme to be usable out of the box, I
would suggest either finding a way to change the text color or making
whatever colors the address bar a much lighter shade of gray.   Also in
firebird, the text on unfocused tabs is gray on gray.  (Don't you just
hate those hybrid gtk apps?)

That's all for now.  I'll keep using this theme today and let you know
if I see anything else.  Thanks a lot for the cool theme.

Sincerely,
John