xft.pc file?

Neil Watson nwatson at voicegenie.com
Mon Dec 15 11:17:20 EST 2003

Hello everyone.  I'm trying to install Openbox on a Mandrake system.  Configure complains about:

checking for xft... Package xft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xft.pc'
No package 'xft' found

I don't know what this file is or how to get it.  I have Freetype 2.1.5, Fontconfig 2.2.0 and pkgconfig 0.15 installed.  My research hinted that one of these would have the xft.pc file.  However, that is not the case :(

--
Neil Watson
Network Administrator