Print Screen keybinding not honored

James Michaeil Fultz jmf at gtcom.net
Sun Dec 14 04:13:50 EST 2003

Hello

I'm running Openbox 3.0 on Slackware Linux 9.1.  Try as I might, Openbox
is not grabbing my Print Screen key.  I've tested with xev, and the
Print keysym is being reported.  I've been using Openbox with GNOME 2.4
and have tried running it on its own.

The following is copied from the <keyboard> section of my
`~/.config/openbox/rc.xml'.

[ Begin code ]
  <keybind key="Print">
  </keybind>
  <keybind key="A-Print">
    <action name="Execute">
      <execute>gnome-panel-screenshot --window</execute>
    </action>
  </keybind>
[  End code  ]

Neither keybindings are being honored.  I've also tried changing both
<execute> lines to run xterm while running Openbox on its own.

I've had this working before on Gentoo Linux.  I currently have
keybindings for A-F1 and A-F2 to run "gnome-panel-control --main-menu"
and "gnome-panel-control --run-dialog" respectively as well as a
keybinding for Menu to show root-menu.  Those keybindings are working
for me.

Any help with regards to this problem would be much appreciated.