ben at orodu.net
Sun Aug 31 17:02:42 EDT 2003
I am pleased to announce the 7th Openbox3 alpha release. A lot has changed
since Alpha6. Here's a quick run-down:
* Lots of bug fixes and usability improvements
* Improved saving/restoring of sessions (via a session manager)
* Completely redone menu subsystem, with some cool features:
o Improved keyboard navigation
o Icons in client menus
o Window icons in the client list menu
o Real separators in menus (see default menu for example)
o Can parse multiple menu files. See the default rc3 for example
o New pipe-menus. Reads the output from a command to populate a
<menu id="MyPipeMenu" label="Menu of Stuff"
The script's output should look like:
<item label="do stuff">
o New default menu bullet
* All plugins have been removed. I consider it a failed experiment.
Other approaches may be attempted in the future, but for now they are
* Removed the theme option menu.frame.justify to allow for superior menu
layout, sizing, and appearance.
* Removed history placement. Another failed experiment. Intelligent
window placement is still on its way.
* Removed the <cyclingDialog> options. This is now done automatically
based on the key/mouse binding. When no modifier keys are used, no
dialog will be shown.
* Add the DesktopLast action
* Allow a handleWidth of 0 in themes, which hides the handle entirely.
The Alpha7 release is definite progress towards a final release. Betas will
begin once a theme format has been decided upon.
Please participate in the testing of this release. Grab the tarball and
please report any problems.
Here's a link to the release for your convenience:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the openbox