[openbox] theme suggestion

Tomas Hellstr|m heltom at dtek.chalmers.se
Sun Aug 31 14:54:35 EDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Robert Upshall wrote:

[big snip]

> I guess all of this said, I am just wondering if there is a way to make
> something work for both types of users, standalone and desktop
> enviroment users.  Maybe something like this directive in the rc3 file:
>
> 	<standalone>
> 		<enabled>yes</enabled>
> 		<bgcmd>wmsetbg</bgcmd>
> 	</standalone>
>
> I have no idea what might be involved in something like this, I just
> wanted to throw the idea into the mix.
>
> Don't flame me to much,
> Robert

This was exactly what I had in mind and it shouldn't be hard to implement.
However, a lot of people seems to think that the window manager shouldn't
mess with the background at all, while I personally think that the
background is the single most important part of a theme (and fonts/colors
should be set to blend in nicely with the background).

Just my $0.02 :)

/Thomas "Turbofish" Hellstroem
"At the very least it's perfect and complete"