Bug: resizeWindowHeight doesn't work correctly

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Wed Apr 16 05:11:47 EDT 2003

Scott Moynes <smoynes at nexus.carleton.ca> さんは書きました:

> * Fabian Sturm (f at rtfs.org) wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:03:38PM -0400, Scott Moynes wrote:
>> > Could this be yet another 64 bit bug?
>>
>> I don't think so, I reported this already a half a year
>> ago but at that time I was told I am the only one
>> experiencing it. The patch I sent worked for me
>> but since I'm no X11 hacker I couldn't verify if its is really
>> correct.
>
> I still don't see it here. Can you give me some more info about how
> you are reproducing this? Platform, windows it happens on, epistrc,
> etc.

epistrc is attached.

I tested this on 4 machines, one x86_64 and three IA32 (aka i386).
I tried openbox 2.2.3 and openbox-2_3 with and without my i18n
patches, the problem occured always.

Concerning the windows it happens on: I thought it happened
on all windows but because you asked I tried it with many
different applications and found that the behaviour is different.

The problem occurs exactly as I reported with

    xterm  (XFree86 4.2.99.903(174))
    mlterm 2.6.3 from CVS 20030325
    rxvt   2.7.8
    wterm  6.2.9
    Eterm  0.9
    aterm  0.4.2
    gnome-terminal 2.2.0

No problem at all with

    GNU Emacs 21.2.1
    gedit 2.2.0.1
    konsole 1.2.1
    kwrite 4.1
    kword 1.2.1
    kcontrol 3.1.1
    (apparently all KDE applications are OK, KDE version 3.1.1, Qt 3.1.2)
    xfd
    xedit

Somewhat different problem with

    XEmacs 21.4 (patch 12) "Portable Code"

Here "resizeWindowHeight -3;" makes the window *only* wider,
and does no reduce the height whereas "resizeWindowHeight 3;"
increases the height by a far larger step then 3 pixels
and makes the window wider.