[openbox] Patch to fix Epist's buggy 2D workspace

Ava Arachne Jarvis ajar at katanalynx.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 30 12:06:37 EST 2002

[Scott Moynes - Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:59:45 AM CST]
> How is the cycle column not the behaviour you expect, other than the
> bug fix below?

See below.  :)  I didn't expect to keep jumping to workspace 0 is all.
I should have been more specific.

> >    -    { "nextworkspacerow", Action::upWorkspace },
> >    -    { "prevworkspacerow", Action::downWorkspace },
> >    +    { "nextworkspacerow", Action::downWorkspace },
> >    +    { "prevworkspacerow", Action::upWorkspace },
>
> This appears to be purely semantic. The interpretation here is based
> on the numbering of the workspaces, and I think matches the layout of
> bbpager. However, this brings up an interesting aside: the grid stuff
> has to support the recent NETWM revision that specifies this sort of
> behaviour. What pager are you using? I'm not clear why this isn't
> expected.

I'm using bbpager, actually.

I expect the gridding to go like something this (workspace numbers for
a 3-grid workspace):

    0 1 2
    3 4 5
    6 7 8

and to me, previousRow should go down in number and nextRow should go up
in number.

> I'm sorry, I should have reserved comment on this until I could get
> home and test it properly. Also, until I wasn't so drunk. That's
> pretty obvious.

It's cool.