[openbox] Patch to fix Epist's buggy 2D workspace

Scott Moynes smoynes at nexus.carleton.ca
Wed Oct 30 07:58:44 EST 2002

* Ava Arachne Jarvis (ajar at katanalynx.dyndns.org) wrote:
> The patch is attached.  This fixes three bugs:
>
>   - nextWorkspaceRow went up instead of down, and prevWorkspaceRow went
>     down instead of up. (simple change to parser.cc)
>
>   - changeWorkspaceHorz had some issues with the "left-wards" case,
>     caused by calling changeWorkspace once in a special case, then
>     once more at the end of the function.  Oops.  (action.cc)
>
>   - changeWorkspaceVert is conceptually a call to cycleWorkspace with
>     appropriate parameters.  cycleWorkspace seemed to take care of
>     wrapping as well, so I just changed changeWorkspaceVert to call
>     cycleWorkspace....
>
> Patched against the latest CVS.

The behaviour you are looking for is possible using the numeric
argument to the cycleWorkspace action. The behaviour that currently
exists is to have some sane cycling when using a non-square workspace
grid. ie, when on workspace 3 of a grid with 5 workspaces and 3 in the
first row going to the next row would put you on workspace 5.
--
Scott Moynes http://www.icculus.org/openbox/
"Computer science is as much about computers