[openbox] KDE configure options

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Fri Oct 4 20:03:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 01:58:56PM -0500, James Harr wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I think I'll use my .xinitrc file instead of modifying it globally for
> everyone. I thought KDE had an option for window managers like gnome
> does. You don't think it would be all that hard to implement..
>
> Hopefully they do sometime in the future.

The KDE developers see no reason why everyone doesnt run kwin, and so
I don't think they will add this. In KDE 3.1 tho, youll be able to set
the KDEWM environment variable and kde will use that if it is set
instead of kwin.

personally, ive found the best is to put this in my .xinitrc

LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit +knotify
kicker & korgac & klipper &
epist & exec openbox

--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.