[openbox] Little problems

Fryderyk Dziarmagowski freetz at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 09:28:15 EST 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:16:34 -0600
Ben Jansens <ben at orodu.net> wrote:

> Im not sure what to say or do about this. I've run openoffice
> applications on Openbox since it began. I've never seen anything the
> likes of this. Are you certain your setup is the exact same when you
> are running blackbox?

After recompiling OpenBox with Xft2 everything goes fine.

> I always hear "this worked fine in fluxbox/blackbox but now it isnt
> working in openbox" and then they figure out what they screwed up with
> that application. heh. Please check that it actually runs right in
> blackbox with everything else the same..

Sorry for that. That was stupid. I'm really impressed with Openbox and that
was not a clue of my question to compare to other *boxes. By the way I think
that flux sucks ;)

Big Thanx for help and one more question: what shoud i to write in styles/*
to make Xft2 fonts appearing in iso-8859-2 encoding? i quess that shoud be
something with xft*flags and xft*font but this isn't working. Setting a
iso-8859-2 font and variables like "lang" and "charset" gives no effects.

cat /usr/X11R6/share/openbox/styles/purplehaaze | grep xft
*xft.font:      Luxi Sans # it's a iso-*-2 font
*xft.size:      9
menu*xft.size:  11
menu.title.xft.flags: bold
*xft.flags:	lang=pl:charset=iso-8859-2 # only guess

I hope that's not a next lame question. This time i have nothing to
compare ;)

By the way, where can i find [openbox] archives?

greets

--
[ Refugiado Comunista <freetz at gmx.net> LRU 164489 ICQ 8579586 ]