[openbox] window decorations problem...

Ava Arachne Jarvis ajar at katanalynx.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 8 15:59:41 EST 2002

[Riccardo Persichetti - Fri,  8 Nov 2002 08:46:38 AM CST]
> i noticed that some gtk apps that shouldn't be decorated (in
> particular apps that have a gtk_window_set_decorated(window, FALSE)
> call) get decorations under openbox (i'm using 2.2.0).  the same apps
> are displayed undecorated under other wms (i've tried with
> blackbox-0.65, fluxbox-0.1.12 and windowmaker-0.80.1)
>
> maybe an openbox bug? (don't think so...)
>
> i've attached a slightly modified (just added one line that calls
> gtk_window_set_decorated()) hello-world.c from gtk's tutorial
> to reproduce the problem.
> you'll need gtk-2 and deps to compile.

I think this is an Openbox bug, properly.  I'll need to scope around the
source a bit, but gtk_window_set_decorated() calls
gdk_window_set_decorated(), which then sets the appropriate MWM hints.
Maybe this is conflicting with the NETWM implementation in Openbox?