[openbox] Python for Openbox?

Mads Martin Joergensen mmj at panther.mmj.dk
Sat Dec 21 07:09:44 EST 2002

On Dec 21, 2002, Ava Arachne Jarvis wrote:
> I see there's going to be some kind of python scriptability or suchlike
> for Openbox (in CVS).
>
> Are you going to embed a python interpreter?  Or is a python module
> going to be written to interface with otk, and if so, are you going to
> use Swig to automate part of the process?

I don't think you should expect seing this, if OpenBOX is planning to
stay true to it's "small, fast and almost no dependency"-philosophy,
which I most certainly hope.

You might want to look at Sawfish, http://sawmill.sourceforge.net/,
which is a window manager with a lisp interpreter.

--
Mads Martin Jørgensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic