[openbox] Bulk Email Sending & Bullet Proof Web Hosting

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Wed Dec 18 12:20:44 EST 2002

# lando at genie.com / 2002-11-20 00:21:22 +0000:
> We offer you e-mail addresses databases for advertisement
> mailing; we sell databases also carry out mailing and hosting
> for the advertising projects.

    you know, the fun part is that the icculus.org qmail installation
    acts as as an anonymizer by removing all Received: headers from
    received messages. One could argue that this makes it RFC2821
    non-compliant:

    3.10 Mailing Lists and Aliases

    When a message is delivered or forwarded to each address of an
    expanded list form, the return address in the envelope ("MAIL
    FROM:") MUST be changed to be the address of a person or other
    entity who administers the list.  However, in this case, the message
    header [32] MUST be left unchanged; in particular, the "From" field
    of the message header is unaffected.

    Compliant or not, the stripping certainly makes the icculus.org MTA
    very spammer-friendly.