[openbox] 2.2.2 released

Mads Martin Joergensen mmj at panther.mmj.dk
Mon Dec 9 02:19:57 EST 2002

On Dec 09, 2002, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > It's a PITA with rpm when these files conflicts, and I wanted to add
> > openbox to the SuSE Linux distribution.
> >
> > I've made the diff to do this rename, only additional thing to change
> > is to rename bsetroot.{cc,hh} to obsetroot{cc,hh} and bsetbg to obsetbg,
> > plus a change in obsetroot.cc so it includes obsetroot.hh instead of
> > bsetroot.hh (no need to blow the diff with these renames)
>
> It can of course be done, freebsd does this. But then no styles work
> anymore unless you have blackbox installed to. Making the installation
> of the utilities at all rather pointless...

But I changed all the styles as well? Anyway, see below.

> Gentoo solved this with commonbox-utils (and commonbox-styles)
> packages that are prereq's for openbox blackbox and fluxbox, thus
> removing all conflicts. I think this is a much better way to go.

Yes, I have that too. Makes it for an easier addition of HackedBox as
well, just wanted to avoid another package in the SuSE distribution which
is big enough as is (but that's of course our own problem ;-)

--
Mads Martin Jørgensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic