[obdgpslogger] Changing default columns doesn't change OBDSIM

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Fri Jul 16 17:26:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 03:47:27PM -0400, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> Thanks for this patch. I may apply it Saturday.
>
> By the way, I have made an adjustment from using Mac / Macbook Pro to a
> netbook because a) macs shut down when you close the lid and b) damn do they
> get hot on your lap.

Yeah. Last time I drove using a mac laptop, I had to perch it on top of
a shoe just to get the air moving under it.

> A plug sounds great but I'm running out of time.
>
> I bet you could get quite a lot of generalization done by switching to --
> ahem -- Java.

Yeah, don't think it hadn't passed my mind. The biggest problems with
Java was that my explicit requirements include "running on as gimpy
hardware as concievably possible". Plus I just like C :-D

> But I think in the end, I'll dump the visualizations, and merely move to
> headless logging. I can always make sure it's logging just by watching the
> OBDProLogger's flashing lights.

Yep, 's what I do nowadays.

Sorry that this is being more effort than you'd anticipated, and taking
your time. You shoulda seen how it was a few versions ago. I'll always
be delighted that longfeltwant logged his 11k mile trip, but back then
there was an insane amount of manual work to be done to use it.
http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/examples/longfeltwant/

Gary (-;