launchpad.net translations...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Feb 28 09:36:51 EST 2008

This may be an interesting experiment if nothing else, but I'm honestly
already thrilled with the results after a few hours.

I've put MojoSetup on launchpad.net's translation service. Through the
magic of perl, I've generated .po files from localization.lua, and
uploaded them, so now people can contribute translations through a
decent user interface in their web browser, and Launchpad will take care
of managing it.

This means people otherwise unrelated to MojoSetup can swing by, fill in
a translation or two from the "still need translation" list or review
other people's translations, and be done with it...collectively, it adds
up quickly, I hope.

The existing translations have also been uploaded, so there's no lost
work (although the existing ones have a handful of new strings to be added).

If you know someone that is bilingual who could contribute a few minutes
to either enter a few phrases or look over other people's work, please
point them here:

    https://translations.launchpad.net/mojosetup/

I'll be writing up a script that merges the translated .po files that
launchpad generates back into localization.lua soon. Within a few hours
of posting the project, Czech and UK English versions appeared, and
people have started on Ukrainian and Finnish too. It's exciting!

--ryan.