[Gtkradiant] Q3Map2: -lightmapsize does not generate shader

Rudolf Polzer divVerent at alientrap.org
Sun Feb 20 07:13:18 CST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 08:23:33AM -0800, Nerius Landys wrote:
> I added this to my TODO list but I'm not sure when I'll get around to looking
> at this.
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Obsidian <meridanox at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Q3Map2 2.5.17
>
>     When including q3map_lightmapSize in a shader, Q3Map2 exports lightmaps to
>     "maps\[mapname]" and generates a shader to "scripts\q3map2_
>     [mapname].shader". This is the correct behaviour.
>
>     However, if compiling with -lightmapsize switch, Q3Map2 will still export
>     lightmaps but will not generate a shader. Maps in game appear as
>     full-bright. The shader is required to correctly display external
>     lightmaps.

BEWARE. The switch -lightmapsize is to be used WITHOUT shaders in engines
capable of external lightmaps, like DarkPlaces. It forces making the lightmaps
external... which is different from the "shader hack".

So if you change the meaning of this switch, please make sure that such engines
still can use the maps. DarkPlaces does NOT have sufficient Q3 shader
capabilities to support q3map_lightmapSize.

Probably, this should be two separate options.

Best regards,

Rudolf Polzer