[Gtkradiant] r335 - GtkRadiant/trunk/radiant

Markus Fischer markus at fischer.name
Mon Nov 22 17:09:52 CST 2010

Hi Nerius,

we had already some private email exchange, but I just realized that
dependency patch I did works for the ZeroRadiant trunk too.

So, for me to get ZeroRadiant trunk to compuile after your latest
changes, I had to

1) apply this simple patch
https://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/02b8c05b78bf40c5443b83f89389266b13c79239
(you can call this URL with .diff or .patch for different flavors), it's
so simple you could manually also just replace the lines

2) download the new dependencies from
https://github.com/downloads/mfn/GtkRadiant/GtkR-deps-1.6-4.zip and
unzip them in the proper location

3) open radiant_V9.sln , hit F7 and there you should go.

The gotchas I described in
https://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/wiki/How-to-build-on-Windows-%28experimental%29
still apply: you'll end up with binaries in install\ but they won't run
because the DLLs are missing.

This patch adds a dumb batch script to copy the required DLLs (beware of
the msvcr90.dll , it's location may differ ...) into the isntall/ directory.

Caution: I've no mapping environment yet, so I've no idea the produces
binaries really work ...

Timothee: there's some code in install.py (or was it config.py) which is
supposed to copy the required DLLs but I can't figure how to actually
call it. The instructions in COMPILING for the Windows platform didn't
work for me, e.g. the step involving python isn't clear how it's
supposed to really work.

thx