[Gtkradiant] ZeroRadiant and locale

Martin Gerhardy martin.gerhardy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:57:43 CST 2010

> Yes... I'd first like to know why exactly it fails in non-english locale. I am
> German and have not yet noticed an issue :P
>
> Or do you mean the bad-utf8-char issue? That seems to only happen if a map file
> DOES contain an invalid utf8 char... and that should not happen.

it's about the float format LC_ALL is not needed, LC_NUMERIC is enough -
we are doing the following in uforadiant to prevent errors like these:

	/** @todo support system wide locale dirs */
	bindtextdomain(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "i18n");
	/* set encoding to utf-8 to prevent errors for Windows */
	bind_textdomain_codeset(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "UTF-8");

	gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

	/* reset some locale settings back to standard c
	 * this is e.g. needed for parsing float values from textfiles */
	setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");
	setlocale(LC_TIME, "C");

Regards
Martin