[Gtkradiant] ZeroRadiant R350 on Linux: "texture/radiant/notex" not found

Gregor Vollmer gregor at celement.de
Thu Dec 16 08:41:05 CST 2010

Hey,

Am 15.12.2010 23:57, schrieb Markus Fischer:
> you could try with
>
> strace -e trace=file -f -a strace.out <binary>
>
> then you'll find all file related access in strace.out and so can
> pinpoint if the file radiant tries to access matches your expectation or
> not.

Turns out strace is an impressive command I didn't know about! Thanks!

I ran it over with radiant and this line made me suspicous:

access("default/textures/radiant/notex.jpg", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)
access("/home/gregor/.quake2world/default/textures/radiant/notex.tga",
R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I didn't know that the resources are expected to be in the home
directory or immediately in the radiant directory ( the official 1.6
didn't say this).

The mentioned folder is created, together with the config file Rambetter
mentioned before. But besides that single file, the directory tree is
empty. I then copied the textures subfolder from the Q2World pack into
~/.quake2world/default and radiant started!

But now I wonder whether this is a game-pak-copy-error as Rambetter
wrote or something unrelated. Also, did I miss something in the compile
docs or is this actually a bug?

Okay, Radiant started now, I'll test some stuff an look out for errors =)

Thank you,
 Gregor