[Gtkradiant] old q3map2 in trunk, patches to q3map2

divVerent at alientrap.org divVerent at alientrap.org
Mon Jul 14 04:04:59 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:25:28PM +0200, Martin Gerhardy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really think this only happened because we moved zeroradiant into
> trunk - maybe we should just merge the 1.5 q3map2 into the 1.6 (trunk)
> dir.
>
> I will try to do that in the next week. TTimo, if there is anything that
> speaks against it, let me know please.

IIRC just merging the directory does not suffice, as q3map2 needs some
stuff from the other directories (include, lib). However, it would in
fact be good if current q3map2 could be merged into trunk. In that case,
I'd compare and update my patch collection again (but IIRC I have
changed no q3map2 affecting patch, except for fixing conflicts).

Well, actually, I had to do some larger changes for the floodlight
patch, as 1.6's q3map2's Trace function does not provide the end
pointer. IIRC I have not had to do other "real" changes to my patch
collection.

But, dotproduct2 shading being gone is indeed a big annoyance in the
"now current" q3map2, and probably the worst effect of the downgrade.
Also, I often get pthread_join errors when running q3map2 from within
GtkRadiant, but when running it manually this does not happen. I have no
idea why, but it did not happen in GtkRadiant 1.5 with the newer q3map2.

Rudolf Polzer