[Gtkradiant] Support for other games

sebarnolds [Seb / Frip] sebarnolds at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:44:04 CST 2008

Hi again.

I know it's been a while since your answer to my original post. I didn't had a lot of time to investiguate everything but now, I really started working on the .map compiler. However I don't understand Q3 maps texture coordinates.

The Worldcraft map stored textures coordinates as
"[ 1 0 0 0 ] [ 0 -1 0 0 ] 0 1 1" which means [U-axis (rotation) U-shift (translation)] [same for V] rotation (useless as already included in the axis) U-scale V-scale
Now, with GtkRadiant configured for Quake3, they are stored as
"0 0 0 0.5 0.5 0 0 0" which means... I don't know.

In fact, I looked at your code (hmap2) and I understood the following : it is no bpface (brush primitie) and no Half-Life texture definition. So, it seems you take two values to be stored in vecs[0][3] and vecs[1][3]... I would say these are U and V-shift (translation). They you take the rotation angle and two inverted scales (as you use scale[0] = 1.0 / scale[0] later on them). Then, you use the "fake proper texture vectors from QuakeEd style" part of the code I guess and you calculate some vectors and I don't really understand what vectors these are. Are they the U-axis and V-axis I had with my Worldcraft map ? What exactly are the different cases "X primary", "Y primary" and "Z primary" ? Are they only there to define which axis the rotation must be done on to ?

Any help ?

Thank you,
Seb