[Gtkradiant] gcc 4 compile bug fix.

Ciaran Gillespie ciaran.gillespie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:49:09 CST 2008

I have the exact same version (gcc version 4.2.1 (SUSE Linux)) as you , and
I get the error. I'm on a 64 bit system though.

g++ -o build/debug/contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.os -c -pipe -DPOSIX
-DXWINDOWS -W -Wall -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wno-unused-parameter
-Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wreorder -g3 -D_DEBUG -fPIC -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
`pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags` `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags` -fPIC
-Ibuild/debug/libs -Ilibs -Ibuild/debug/include -Iinclude
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp
In file included from contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:22:
libs/str.h: In member function 'const char* Str::Left(size_t)':
libs/str.h:283: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
'char*'
libs/str.h: In member function 'const char* Str::Mid(size_t, size_t) const':
libs/str.h:324: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
'char*'
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp: At global scope:
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:62: warning: deprecated conversion from
string constant to 'char*'
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:65: warning: deprecated conversion from
string constant to 'char*'
In file included from include/iglrender.h:25,
                 from contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:229:
include/igl.h:2648: error: '<anonymous>' has incomplete type
include/igl.h:2648: error: invalid use of 'GLvoid'
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp: In constructor
'BobToolzPluginDependencies::BobToolzPluginDependencies()':
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:252: warning: base
'GlobalModuleRef<PatchCreator>' will be initialized after
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:252: warning:   base
'GlobalModuleRef<EntityClassManager>'
contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.cpp:247: warning:   when initialized here
libs/math/aabb.h: At global scope:
libs/math/aabb.h:284: warning: 'aabb_normals' defined but not used
scons: *** [build/debug/contrib/bobtoolz/bobToolz-GTK.os] Error 1

When I Googled this problem I came to some documentation explaining the fact
the typedef of GLvoid in any version of gcc 4.0 or greater in now illegal.
Though this is the only GLvoid that creates the problem, all the others I
can ignore, and it will compile fine. May have to do with they way it's
being used in this case.