[Gtkradiant] Purpose/Aims of ZeroRadiant

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Sun Jan 6 10:18:19 CST 2008

Enrico Zschemisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just saw on the gtkradiant's website, that there is a new project "ZeroRadiant". I am wondering about the aims of this project? What are the planned features and what are the differences to GtkRadiant? Or is this just a renaming of GtkRadiant?
>

> Thanks,
> Enrico

It's GtkRadiant. That's the name we use for the updated version of the
editor we use internal at id for our new project [1].

It's coming along. I wrote a few things to simplify installation/game
configuration (not really completely functional yet) and recently added
q3map compile to the build script. I anticipate a few more weeks before
looking at making some builds (we use it internally already obviously)

TTimo

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakezero