[Gtkradiant] Update: TranslateFree (Dominant axis movement)

Joseph, William WJoseph at europe.ea.com
Thu Mar 22 09:49:36 CDT 2007

Hi Eduard,

I am the one who implemented this feature originally.

TranslateFree is intended to manipulate objects in the plane of the camera view - there are situations where the behaviour you describe: "the vertex is translated into x-axis direction as well" is desired.

You may be unaware of the axis-constrained translation tool. Press 'w' to toggle it. See http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files/radiant/docs/1.5/commands.html
for more keyboard shortcuts.

I suggest reading through these docs to gain some insights into some of the features in GtkRadiant 1.5 that you may not be aware of:
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files/radiant/docs/1.5/

thanks for your contributions!

-SPoG