[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

24.58.66.242 noreply at qeradiant.com
Wed Nov 15 00:17:53 CST 2006

This bug report was submitted from 24.58.66.242 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 12:17:53 CST Nov 15, 2006.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: Pentium D 2.80GHz, 1GB Ram, Windows XP Media Center Edition
Hard Drive Space: 110GB
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory,
Version of GTKRadiant: GTK Radiant 1.4

Error:
Textures turn out as white and gray boxes
RE_ADDPolyToScene:NULL poly shader

Cause of Error:
I recently reformatted my computer, redownloaded Q3A, and GTK 1.4.

I downloaded the Evil textures from http://hfx.planetquake.gamespy.com/
I used FilePlanet to do so.

They were downloaded with a .zip file

I extracted the files, then sent the script files into C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\scripts

I also sent the texture files into subfolders in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\textures

Ex. C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\textures\evil1_metals

At first, i just had folders that looked like Evil 4 or Evil8 in my texture list in GTK, i broke them into subfolders so it looked like evil8/metals,trims,techwalls, etc.

When i BSP my files i use:
Q3Map2:(single)BSP-meta
Then
Q3Map2:(single test)-light-faster

For testing my maps, i only use the first bsp, in this case, some textures from evil directories show up and some dont. some evil4/metals textures will show up, and others will be gray and white boxes. All of my stock textures work, (base, gothic.)

When i use the first and second BSP(light) the map takes a very long time to load when i try to enter it in the game. finally, when it does load, EVERYTHING is composed of gray and white boxes. Guns, ammo, bullets, the menu when i press escape, and all of my textures. when i press the tilde(` or ~) key, yellow words repeat RE_ADDPolyToScene:NULL poly shader extremely fast infinitely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am a serious mapper and this error is keeping me from playing my maps. If you need any more info, just email me.

Thanks in advance,
Pat

User Email: PJHoward3 at gmail.com