[Gtkradiant] thoughts on Micheal's reply - Re: Gtkradiant Digest, Vol 22, Issue 15

namespace spam at codecreator.net
Sat Jun 24 08:12:56 CDT 2006

I think there are some misunderstandings concerning the definition of a "tester".
To me a tester does not necessarily know how to code, how to compile radiant or
how to checkout a revision from svn. In my opinion a tester is "just" a user.
A user who can give feedback on a new feature or something thats in
evaluation phase. He can report if the feature works well, if it needs
workflow-improvements, if it creates strange results with input X and so on.

If we expect everybody who wants to help radiants development
to make a checkout from the svn rep, patch the source, compile it and then report
problems he may have come across, we limit ourselves to a very small group
of "mappers who also do coding".

My suggestion tries to open things up by providing an unstable/testing/call it what you want-tree.
If mappers want to give feedback on the latest development they just download
the nighlybuild of the unstable tree and report what they did or did not like and where
they think is room for improvements.

namespace