[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

211.26.123.117 noreply at qeradiant.com
Mon Sep 19 03:51:29 CDT 2005

This bug report was submitted from 211.26.123.117 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 03:51:29 CDT Sep 19, 2005.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: athon 1.6ghz 786mb ram
Hard Drive Space: 6gb
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: Nvidia TNT2 mmx  64 Mb
Version of GTKRadiant: Latest 1.5.0 2005-1-16

Error:
Window Title: Radiant-Runtime Error
.\main.cpp:147
runtime error: GTK+ error:Gtk-CRITICAL **:file gtkentry.c: line 3797 (gtk_entry_get_text): assetion 'GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed.

Cause of Error:
I originally had GTK Radiant 1.4 installed and GTK Radiant 1.5.0-2005-2-11 experimental installed. I wanted the be able to have the 1.4 texture manipulation feature in 1.5 and from your web site, it implied the 1.5-2005-01-16 had that.

So, I downloaded 1.5.0-2005-01-16, uninstalled 1.5.0-2005-02-11, and installeed the 2005-01-16 vers. During installation, I selected CUSTOM install, and deselected the games I didnt have. Quake, Quake II, Heretic, Half lift, Jedi Academy, Star trek one... . (I have sof2, Jedi Outcast, Quake3, Doom3, RTCW and Enemy Territory) all the rest I didn't install.

The installation went fine. I then ran the program for the first time, and got this error. After this, the program stalled, then after a minute or two, it loaded. The error was repeated each time I loaded the editor.

Venus.

PS I wonder if you can add a feature to 1.5
Would it be possible, to add an option to allow free movement of view in plan view
around a selected axis, so that brushes could be clipped from odd angles. This would be so useful for creating sculpural brushes from angles other than the 90 deg. ie, I know I can clip at any angle in one direction, but not in all 3, exactly how I want. Like an isolceles triangle pyramid can't be done, nor can an equalatoral triangle pyramid. Making the triangle is no problem, but making the 45 degree z axis cut you can't do, without also cutting one of the other sides of ther triangle. Be nice to be able to move freely about a choses axis in plan view. Maybe a toggle to anchor your view to grid or not.

Thanks

Hope you can, would be great to be able to do stuff like this. Would also make a brush fully scuptuable.

User Email: venus6001 at iprimus.com.au