[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

SmallPileofGibs spog at planetquake.com
Fri Jan 7 13:37:32 CST 2005

Hi,

> Texture Cloning is still broken.
> Is this another time-saving feature that's gone away?

Ues =). It's coming back soon. I'm working on it right now.

> The romoval of the drag-extrude is the poorest decision I have ever seen befall GTK radiant.
> The 3d resizing thingy was/is great, but to put tuck away one of the editors greatest strengths
> so newbies can't easily find it--is a crime! Can't we work in both 2D and 3D?
>
> No other 3d program can extrude like this, not max, or maya, why hide it's greatest strength?

Brush resizing isn't hidden, it's just categorised as a tool (QE tool 'q'),
which means it's possible to extend the editing interface by adding new tools
(such as Translate 'w' and Rotate 'r').

> Can't select face for texturing.

This is coming back along with the texture-cloning.

> Clipper Uses caulk, caulks with bad texture for using Quake 3.

I'll add this to the todo list.

> Can no longer resize curves.

This is fixed in the latest nightly build. Try this file:
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files/radiant/nightly/1.5/GtkRadiant-1.5.0-2005-01-04.msi

> Btw, how do you cap a cylinder now?

This is also missing. Until i fix it, you can create a cap by distorting a 3x3
patch plane into a circular shape using vertex-manipulation ('v').

thanks for the feedback =)

-SPoG