[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

24.173.225.242 gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:19:02 -0500 (CDT)

This bug report was submitted from 24.173.225.242 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 07:19:02 CDT Sep 9, 2004.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: Athlon 2200+/512M/W2K
Hard Drive Space: 200GB+
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: Nvidia/Latest available todate
Version of GTKRadiant: 1.4.0?

Error:
1: 1.4.0 is the latest stable version as suggested in your download Manager. 1.4.0 does NOT show up under Bugzilla.
2: Radiant will ocassionally forget settings like 'Snap to Grid' and 'Run Engine after compile'.
3: Radiant is also not overwriting the bsp file on new compiles leaving me with a .bsp that does not match the .map

Cause of Error:
1: Followed instructions on website twice to ensure I was selecting the correct options. (Win32, for Q3A)
2: This happens sporatically, most notably after a compile. When I reset the desired settings, ('Snap to grid' is most commonly forgotten) the console shows 'Wrote XML property file 'C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-1.4/global.pref'
Wrote XML property file 'C:/Program Files/Quake III Arena/Radiant-1.4/local.pref' however the settings are not applied. Exiting Radiant and firing it up again usually work.
3: I compiled a map that had a leak.  I fixed the leak, compiled the map however Q3 still shows the 'shimmer effect' of a leak in the map.

User Email: matt@theratshack.net