[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

24.31.197.21 gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:06:17 -0500 (CDT)

This bug report was submitted from 24.31.197.21 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 07:06:17 CDT Apr 10, 2004.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: AMD 1.4 Ghz / 512 MB / WinXP pro
Hard Drive Space: 40+ GB
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: GeForce4 ti 4200
Version of GTKRadiant: 1.4.0 / latest

Error:
You're not going to like this but, major error.
Compiling the .map file in any way shape or form creates a bsp file that works fine in quake3 1.32, but is completely incompatible with bspc.exe

Cause of Error:
I even did this:
bspc -bsp2aas bbox.bsp
{this created a good .AAS file}
that was an existing bsp file from a previous version of gtkradiant ..
but when i took the .map file for that same bbox map and recompile it in this new version 1.4.0, it creates a bsp file fine, but every time it is run through bspc.exe, It says:
WARNING: no entities inside
ERROR: *** leaked ***

This is untrue.  And i've even created another simple box map with one light and a few spawns in it.  This also compiles by your q3map program, but is thus in turn incompatible with bspc.exe still.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing.  I've been building maps for quake3 using your software ever since it was available.  I also know how to trouble shoot complex logical problems, although I'm not a programmer.  I can't get any of the different compile options to get a bsp file usable by bspc.   Please help.

User Email: pingray@hotmail.com