[Gtkradiant] working on a plugin, need some advice

Reed Mideke gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:59:05 -0700

Joseph, William wrote:

> This may not help you write the plugin =).
> I think your problem illustrates a design problem with the LoadImage API.
> I suggest we decouple the image-loading from the VFS.
Yeah, that was pretty much how I saw it. Since the current
behavior is the right thing in most situations, the core
could still export LoadImage with it's current behaviour,
but internally use LoadImageStream or whatever. That should
make it a low impact change.

Anyway, here is my current whack at the plugin:
http://www.cyberonic.net/~gdevault/rfm/mapstuff/bkgrnd2d-0.1src.zip
and a win32 binary:
http://www.cyberonic.net/~gdevault/rfm/mapstuff/bkgrnd2d-0.1.zip
It is still fairly rough at the momement. If anyone has comments
on how I should do things differently, I'd be glad to hear it.

Next step it to figure out how to make dialog boxes in gtk,
so I can support different images in all the 2d views without
a bazillion menu items.
--
Email:    rfm(at)collectivecomputing.com or rfm(at)portalofevil.com
Home page:                   http://www.collectivecomputing.com/rfm