[Gtkradiant] On the ATI FireGL 8x00 problem

David Olofson gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 12:22:45 +0200

(Sorry 'bout the delay; been busy.)

The bug report from 130.243.14.32 sounds exactly like what I've been=20
describing, although the only thing our systems have in common is the=20
video card. (I'm running Linux 2.4 on a P-III 933 MHz with ATI's=20
Linux drivers.)

The problem is a driver bug that kicks in whenever you cull one face=20
of a polygon while using different rendering modes for the faces. It=20
seems to be in all FireGL 8x00 drivers released by ATI so far.

I did a quick hack a while ago, but never submitted it as it would=20
have been hard to maintain. (It involved "fixing" application code,=20
so it wouldn't have had any effect on new or modified code.) I'm=20
hacking a more "proper" workaround as we speak.

=2E- The Return of Audiality! --------------------------------.