[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

Radiant Website User gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:24:24 -0600

This bug report was submitted from 65.58.94.178 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 10:24:24 CST Jan 23, 2003.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: PIII 800 mgz/384 sd ram/win98
Hard Drive Space: 10.7GB
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: Radeon 9000/I downloaded the newest Open Gl drivers in Dec. But I don't know the version, nor do I know where to look to tell you what they are.
Version of GTKRadiant: 1.2.11-ef

Error:
The 3d view window goes blank (grey screen) when, during the course of mapping, you drag the grid to an area where the "Z" centerpoint leaves the 2d area of the screen.

Cause of Error:
I can use the arrow keys to move the camera around the map and as long as I leave the map centered on the 2d screen, where I can see the "Z", everything is normal.  But moving the grid so the "Z" leaves the viewable area of the 2d screen produces the error.  Even leaving the cam in the center of the map and dragging the grid in any direction where the "Z" leaves the 2d view will cause the 3d box to go grey.  Pulling the grid back where the "Z" is in view will restore the 3d view instantly.  I can work around this by taking the camera where I need to work (outside the area of 3d compatability) and using the right mouse button, take a free look.  When I use ctrl right click to release the mouse from the 3d view control, the picture stays until I either use a key to pick a brush or try to move the camera or any other keyboard input, then the 3d box goes grey again.  I've been walked through the pref setup and set mine to the same as other mappers who don't have the problem, to !
no avail.  Also I was using EFRadiant a few weeks ago and did not experience this problem.

User Email: sandpaper600@hotmail.com