[Gtkradiant] [Radiant-announce] GtkRadiant 1.4.0-rc1 released

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:03:50 +0100

http://www.qeradiant.com/

GtkRadiant 1.4.0-rc1 builds are available. This is the first build of our
1.4 series, our new stable release. After several months of bug fixing
work on the developement version 1.3, we decided to branch out a stable
release and start working on the next version 1.5

This release includes q3map2 2.5.11, and a new 'background image' plugin
which can display a layout image in your 2D views.

We created a radiant-announce mailing list which receives all the
announcements related to qeradiant.com. New releases, test builds, new
game packs, and important features:

Downloads:
----------

For downloads, head over to the download selector and request the
Stable version for the game you want:
http://www.qeradiant.com/?data=dlselect

Or directly from the files section:
http://www.qeradiant.com/?data=files&files_dir=21

BitTorrent downloads are available:
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/BT/torrents/

GtkRadiant-1.4.0 Changes
-------------------------

  ydnar:
  - clipper tool: select a patch mesh, and the clipper tool plane will be set to the patch's mesh (default shortcut X)
  EvilTypeGuy:
  - texture find and replace menu can be used to select faces by matching texture (not only replacing textures anymore)
    so you can apply fit and translate commands to the whole set
    if you have brushes selected, it will select only within the selected brushes set
  SCDS_ReyalP:
  - new plugin: background image in the 2D view. scan your layout, use it as a background to build the structure..
  - some fixes to the Z floating window
  - added to ET and RTCW: hullcaulk, hintskip, and subtlehint (see below)
  - fixed to CenterXYView shortcut, correctly bound to Shift+Control+Tab now
  - added shortcuts to change the texture window scale
    TextureWindowScaleup (Alt + Delete)
    TextureWindowScaledown (Alt + Insert)
    also fixed various oddities with the texture window behaviour
  Nurail:
  - more updates to quake2 and heretic2 support. BSP monitoring supported now.
  ydnar:
  - q3map2 2.5.11
    - New: added support for _skybox entities to generate "portal sky"
      surfaces in games w/o native support (Quake 3). _skybox entities have
      3 keys: _scale (default 64), and angle/angles (for rotation of the
      skybox relative to the map)
    - New: added -skyfix switch to BSP phase as a workaround hack for
      the black GL_CLAMP border on skybox edges on ATI (and newer nvidia)
      video cards. Note: unnecessary in ET or JA
    - New: Added _anglescale to light entities for scaling angle attenuation.
      Use a small value (< 1.0) to lessen the angle attenuation, and a high
      value (> 1.0) for sharper, more faceted lighting
    - New: Added _lightmapscale support to misc_model entities
    - Custom shaders (external lightmaps, styles) will not be generated
      if the find/replace text cannot be found
    - Tightened up light culling epsilon from 1.0 to 0.125 to stop certain
      surface lights from being incorrectly culled (thanks RasputiN!)
    - Fixed bug where small 3 and 4 sided brush faces were getting fanned,
      adding triangle/vertex counts
    - Moved to Visual Studio .NET, with aggressive optimizations enabled
    - Cleaned up missing image warnings
    - Parsing images out of shader stages if not found explicit/implicitly
    - Loads Enemy Territory implicitMap images if editor/light image not found
  Raven:
  - new sample maps for JA media
  - MP SDK had a bunch of editing tools. Packaged those up with our JA media as well
    look under Tools/ in the GtkRadiant game pack install
    (default location C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Radiant-1.3)

common/hullcaulk
This is exactly the same as caulk, just has a different editor image so people
using the 'caulk hull' method of mapping can see at a glance what is part of the
hull and what is part of the detail brushes. It is up to the mapper follow the
convention.

common/hintskip
This is exactly the same as skip, with 'hint' in the name so brushes with mixed
hint and skiphint faces will filter with the 'hints' filter. I didn't add a new
image for this, since it is functionally identical to skip.

common/subtlehint
hint without the surfaceparam hint. A lower priority hint which is sometimes
useful if you don't want the splits from your hint spreading out all the way to
block bounderies. You can mix it freely on a brush with normal hint and skip.