[Gtkradiant] Re: ATI drivers / GtkRadiant

David Olofson gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:19:29 +0200

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 18.56, Timothee Besset wrote:
> Well can you file in a bug to bugzilla with this information then?
> http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/bugzilla
>
> Would be best if you would contribute a patch directly though, but
> otherwise I guess we can find a developer with an ATI card who can
> fix the bug.

Well, it's rather trivial, so I could give it a try...

Just one question: I need to wrap two GL calls, to prevent both=20
application and plugin code from triggering the bug. Where is this=20
best done?

> Though if it was not fixed already, it may mean that
> there's nobody, or that those developers have drivers that work for
> some reason?

I think it only happens with the ATI closed source drivers meant for=20
the FireGL 8x00 cards. There are at least two other options for the=20
more common Radeon 8x00 cards AFAIK, and those most probably do not=20
have this bug.

BTW, Xi Graphics' drivers support my card now, but the drivers won't=20
run on my Debian system for unknown reasons. I got the kernel module=20
to load, but the server just quits with a pointless message and no=20
log entries. I'll ask Xi what to do next time I have the time to mess=20
with it.

=2E- The Return of Audiality! --------------------------------.