[Gtkradiant] RE: gtkradiant transparent textures, uh, different

Arnout 'RR2DO2' van Meer gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:38:46 -0000

It's related to jpegs. When I grab your jpg, it displays striped as
well. When I save it as tga though it works fine.
=20
- Arnout

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Monroe, James [mailto:jmonroe@ravensoft.com]=20
	Sent: 08 November 2002 17:30
	To: 'Timothee Besset'; Monroe, James
	Cc: gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
	Subject: [Gtkradiant] RE: gtkradiant transparent textures, uh,
different
=09

	Yes, pretty much all of our system textures are failing (they
are mostly JPEGs).  If the trans value is set below 0.5 then it just
turns grey. At 0.5 it renders, but not much more transparent than our
radiant and it has stripes.  So it's either loading the image wrong,
which I doubt since it is correct in the texture window, or (more
likely) rendering it with odd blending.  The images themselves do not
have alpha, we're just using the trans X setting on the shaders.

	The msg below refers to textures\system\trigger.jpg=20

	-James=20

	-----Original Message-----=20