[Gtkradiant] Realtime lighting approach issues.

gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 09:54:42 -0500

As a LD i thought i'd toss in a comment. a COMPLETE featureset would be optimal, but anything that reduces the number of light compiles we do will have achieved a modicum of success. even if the radiant lighting showed nothing more than a  wireframe of spotlight size shape and color, and the color and area of globe lights, it would give enough of a light placement idea that we could get most of the work done without having to compile. Lighting without shadows would accomplish much the same.