[Gtkradiant] Game Support

Craig Urquhart gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 03:22:59 +1000

But it's worth considering because VISE is free for shareware/freeware
projects, unlike InstallShield. I think IDSoftware even use VISE. I wonder
how easy it would be to port it all to VISE?

Perhaps you misunderstood me about supporting games. I meant that you
should ask developers for help before their games are released.

UGG.

At 05:52 PM 7/05/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Setup scripts are using InstallShield 6.0. No way we are going to use
>something else anytime soon. The setup code was nearly completely
>rewritten for 1.2, took us enough effort to know that we don't want to do
>this again before a while. It's based on 'template' IS files, which are
>processed by some perl scripts and turned into usable IS scripts. This way
>we build on-demand setups with the game packs we want.
>
>We don't work on support for games that are not out yet because:
>- as long as it's not officially out, the precise mapping info about the
>game is not available obviously.
>- we are an entity officially supported by Id software, we are not going
>to release hacked q3map compilers (such as forcing the BSP version to
>something else) which break the EULAs and stuff.
>
>As for JKII specifics, I don't know cause I don't have looked at anything
>yet. I plan on finishing 1.3 merge in before looking at it.
>
>TTimo
>
>On Wed, 08 May 2002 01:27:30 +1000
>Craig Urquhart <cwu@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Anyone working on support for Elite Force? Maybe that could be my first
>> project. :-)
>>
>> I have an old version of InstallShield Express but that probably won't be
>> useful, will it? Any chance that you will change to MindVison VISE in
future?

>> The only thing that I can't figure out about the JK2 pack is the media. Why
>> is it even there, and what is required? Also, why are there two
shaderlists?

>> You could even start planning for SOF2 support now. It should be very
>> similiar to JK2.
>>
>> UGG.
>>

>> At 09:36 AM 7/05/02 -0400, you wrote:
>> >1. fs_basepath is hard coded in the editor... I'm working to bypass it
now,
>> >and I have, but there are other fish to fry as well.
>> >
>> >2. JK2 is being patched in to the editor as I write, but the utilmate goal
>> >here is not to add JK2... it's to add any and many Quake engine games.
If it