Project Settings (was Re: [Gtkradiant] spog checkin question)

Ryan Marc Lahaie-Cohen gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 09:18:44 -0400

That's actually what I've been spending a lot of time thinking about while
trying to figure the best way to add JK2 to the editor without the hard
coded info (which I'm willing to do for quick support).

I'll be preping a design doc over the next few days that I think might be an
adequate solution for us as well as for mod developpers... What I'm thinking
goes in the same vein as what Tim wrote, but I do see a difference between
editor preferences and project/game/mod settings (including bsp settings, to
allow for mutiple compilers such as sof2map).

What I'd like to work towards :
1) Separation of the game data from the editor data (fs_basepath... grrrrr)
2) Standardisation between the game
3) A mod wizard for users not interested in worrying about the legacy
project settings.
4) XML file formats for the project file, and hell even the entities (maybe
the game companies will follow suit?) :D

That's just the beginning...

riant