[Gtkradiant] Fw: Re: JK2

Tue, 7 May 2002 12:09:01 +0200

Initial JKII stuff by Riant. Haven't looked at this yet. I have uploaded
the media content to:
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/JKII

TTimo

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:29:44 -0400
From: "Ryan Marc Lahaie-Cohen" <rmarc@sympatico.ca>
To: "Timothee Besset" <ttimo@idsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: JK2

Hey Tim,

Here's the JK2pack in a zip including 2 patches, one for gtkdlg and another
for preferences... My version of radiant is crashing and I'm having a hard
time finding out why, but such is the life of a code monkey. I have 2 files
(watchbsp.cpp and main.cpp) that are not patched yet as they are not
finished.
With your approbation, I would finish patching it (a la wolf) so that
support will be added ASAP for jk2, but I have a bigger, badder plan in the
works...

What I'll be doing is sending you a a little design doc for a full
implementation of an XML based OO game and mod plugin system. This would get
rid of the hard coded bits and allow each game to know it's own behaviour. I
also do not forsee it causing any problems with what's been put in place
already.

I've found all of the places where WOLF interfaces with gtkradiant and I
think that it should be relatively easy to implement what I have in mind and
very easy to add new games after.

XML files would take care of the GTK project window as well as
game/project/mod preferences and with polymorphism, no hard coding of game
info like what's been done for wolf and missionpack and jk2. ;)

I'll start writing the doc during my week-end (tomorrow and wed). As I've
just finished my five day week at work and am heading into my sixth day, I'm
a wee bit tired, so it might take a few days.

Take care.

riant