[Gtkradiant] mo' bullshit

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:54:18 +0100

One of the reasons behind the nightly setups is dialup users. They are
much smaller, as they contain only binaries (and not the
docs/media/models/samples). The current IS templates allow us to select
which game pack we put in. For simplicity though, the nightly contains
bins for Q3 and RTCW (which overlap a lot anyway), whereas when we release
a full we have Q3+RTCW or RTCW only.

Online installer and stuff .. not very realistic. Way to much work to do
this, would require yet another rewrite (nearly full rewrite) of the
install procedure. Which I don't want to be doing before a good while.

For clarity though, we could decide to drop the nightly and only release
full setups. But that may be worse than anything else.

TTimo