[Gtkradiant] Need programmer to write Lightwave -> GTKRadient converter

Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:29:12 +0100

On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:20:07 -0500
M Stone <stone@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> I need some way to convert Lightwave objects w/ UV Maps to GTKRadient
> compatible files. (MD3 files)
>
> I tried the exe conversion app LWO2MD3 with no luck. I also tried the LW
> plugin that is supposed to do the same thing, and I had no luck there
> either. I just get a box in Radient, even though view settings are correct.
> I'm sick of trying to get it to work.
>
> Modelling in Radient is counter-productive when LW is a 10x better
> modelling tool.

Radiant is not a modeling tool

> If you or someone you know can write a stand alone conversion app, I'm very
> interested in hearing from them.
> I'm just building levels myself, so I don't even need any frame settings
> for characters. Just a way to get my LW buildings into GtkRadient.
> Thanks.

q3data is an ase -> md3 converter. It is included with source in every GtkRadiant setup

3ds can save .ase, I'd bet that maya can do that too. Maybe LW can. In any
case working from q3data would be a good starting point

regards

TTimo