[Gtkradiant] GtkRadiant on FreeBSD

Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:59:02 +0200

Cool .. new developers are always welcome. We have been more demanding for
an OSX developer lately though, but releasing a FreeBSD setup might be
interesting.

Several topics:

- Branches. Depending which branch you got your source from, you are
either working with the 1.3 codebase (cvs HEAD), which has not been
released yet, or 1.2 (Stable-1_2 branch). I'd recommend working with the
1.2 code for now.

- Setup. One of the main problems is to have all the required media and
configuration files for GtkRadiant correctly installed. First, you need to
have either Q3 / RTCW installed and running. I am not familiar with BSD,
but the .x86.run setups are installing fine and running with the Linux
emulation without trouble. Then you need to have a first working
installation of GtkRadiant. Grab the 1.2.9 full setup for Linux from
qeradiant.com and try to get it installed. It may not execute, what you
can do is run it with --keep option, this will extract the content without
running the script. Then I think you need to symlink the Linux directory
with a 'FreeBSD' link name. setup should pickup and execute.

If this doesn't work, you would need to run it under Linux and reproduce
the layout on your BSD machine or something.

Then you will have Linux binaries (which you may need to brandelf to run),
but that's not the most important. You can use the source to compile
native bins and rely on the installation provided with the setup.

If you are interested in going further with this let me know. You can join
us live on irc.telefragged.com #qeradiant

TTimo