[Gtkradiant] Re: xml?

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:41:20 +0200

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:54:24 +1000
andrews@pcug.org.au wrote:

> >      <plane>
> >	x y z x y z x y z
> >	<plane_texdef type="old">0 0 0.5 0.5 0</plane_texdef>
> >      <texdef shader="textures/radiant/notex" flag="0"></texdef>
> >     </plane>
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have
>
>  <vector size="9">	x y z x y z x y z</vector> for the plane pos
> info, rather than just text content (can't remember the exact term,
> can't find my XML book)?

This may be a good thing to do, but it's only advantage would be to make
the xml file cleaner (which could be an objective by itself). This doesn't
change the parsing imperatives, because we have to parse this data into
the appropriate data structures. In this case it would be the 3 vec3_t
planepts of the brush face. In other occurences of <vector size=".."> we
will have to store in other structures.

TTimo