[Gtkradiant] XML and Game Configurations

Hydra gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:02:47 +0100

> <map type="quake3">

Hmm...

Say we have a per game configurations and plugins are loaded/used depending
on what game we're editing for.

I have an xml map for q3.

Then start up radiant, switch to using my "quake1" config and radiant loads
up different plugins that handle surfaces and contents
differently as configured by me and my "quake1" configuration.

What happens to the q3 specific data, can I even load the map up still ?

Will opening a xml map file with a "type" of "quake3" in fact force
gtkradiant to load Quake3 specific plugins ?

Has anyone thought about drafting up a spec for per-game configurations of
the editor, shall I put something together if not and then bounce a few
ideas around ?

Hydra / Dom