[Gtkradiant] workaround patch: gtkradiant crash on single component jpeg

reed mideke gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:47:46 -0800

Timothee Besset wrote:

> I'd rather see those patches attached to the bug report, it's way easier
> to track them.

Ok, I'll do that in the future.

> What annoys me so far is that I can't reproduce the
> blackish crash problem on 1.2.

As far as I can tell, this crash cannot happen under
the most recent CVS source (1.2 ?). The code is completely
different and always allocates 4 components worth of memory
(see plugins/image/jpeg.cpp, _LoadJPGBuff). I initially
thought 1.2 would have the problem because libs/jpeg6/jpgload.cpp
is unchanged. But it turns out to be not used at all.
I'm new to this though, so I could be misreading things.

> I know AstroCreep reported the problem, but
> still it's weird that I could reproduce.

I did build the development source and it seemed to load
and display correctly. The crash (or one very similar)
does happen with the 'nightly' 1.1.2 win32 build
from Nov 15.

--
Email:               rfm(at)redshift.com or rfm(at)portalofevil.com
Home page:                             http://www.redshift.com/~rfm