[Gtkradiant] STLport woes...

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:54:55 -0500

ok .. several things ..

You are compiling the source you got from the trunk right? Since you want
to work on the Quake1 module that's what you should be playing with. It may
be a bit easier to compile and run the source that's in the Alpha branch
(i.e. used for current nightly builds), so you can get used to the build
system. We are using "cons" to compile radiant, no longer using Makefiles
.. that is documented in the developer FAQ. You should read through the
whole developer FAQ if you haven't, it's got a lot of precious information,
plus some stuff about how 1.2 works and what modules are needed etc. (I
should prolly spend more time keeping it up to date though).
http://www.qeradiant.com/faq/fom-serve/cache/188.html

And the head developer FAQ:
http://www.qeradiant.com/faq/fom-serve/cache/115.html

Also, just to make sure .. hopefully you are using gcc 2.95.* or something,
the latest stable and not gcc 3.0? Didn't experiment with gcc 3.0 yet, but
I heard it had some new ABI stuff and required recompiles of a bunch of
major libs ..

If you grab the STLPort we have on zerowing and compile with cons it should
work fine .. you can use a newer or debian-provided STLPort package if you
want to. But I have to keep a centralized version that I know works on most
platforms, because STLPort is evolving pretty fast otherwise.

I am gonna try and finish updating that bug report about better interface
descriptions file.

TTimo