[cod] COD:WAW - Custom Maps Still an Issue under linux

MikeTNT MikeTNT at gmx.de
Sat Oct 31 14:48:48 EDT 2009

JD from TA wrote:
"Hey PC fans!

Good news - the team here at Treyarch are preparing a 1.7 patch to wrap up a
few of the lingering issues surrounding the PC version of the game. Here's a
snippet from the 1.7 readme:

.Fixed a voice chat crash on systems with no default recording device
selected.
.Fixed an issue causing erroneous duplicate qport errors.
.Server admins can disable team switching by setting g_allow_teamchange to
0. Players will be restricted to Auto-Assign in team-based gametypes.
The team is just putting the finishing touches on it before sending it off
to QA for testing. No ETA is planned yet, but I'll update when I get better
clarity on its progress.

Regards,
-JD"

I hope that it is not a Halloween joke and that ryan will find the time now
to fix the custom map iwd problem, as it is a real show stopper.
Perhaps someone can explain for ryan, what is exactly wrong. I only know
that http-redirect for iwd files doesn't work in the usermaps/mapname
folder.
Additionally there seem to be extra restrictions for custom maps under linux
(size? quantity of models etc.?). Perhaps this is also fixable.
I have the fealing that this is now the last chance to get proper linux
bins...

Regards

Mike aka '][' N ']['