[cod] Sorry have to vent, Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

escapedturkey escapedturkey at escapedturkey.com
Sun Oct 18 08:33:59 EDT 2009

It's not what said but rather how it's said. Boycotts, flaming, and the
constant bashing of the developer doesn't help anyone. It wouldn't
surprise me if this is the reaction -- they boycott us now. Reporting
bugs and issues in a civilized manner is the best approach. Praising
them for good works is also helpful. I'm not saying to "kiss butt",
however I am saying that being respectful goes a long way. I remember
speaking to Mr. Zampella years ago (via Gamespy Arcade) and he was
expressing frustration with the approach many give when reporting issues
-- the constant yelling, flaming, and anger. He stated they react more
positively to encouraging bug reports and ones that are approached
intelligently.

As to premium support, you don't have to buy the game to host a server
for it. The dedicated servers don't cost us anything to run. Linux
support is even "more free" due to the fact that the Linux OS doesn't
require a license. IW isn't requiring royalties from each GSP running a
server.